EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ENGAGED
There’s a problem in the workforce today. Only a mere 30% of employees say they’re engaged in their jobs. But engagement affects more than the individual employee. It has an impact on your culture, retention, and even your bottom line.
THE VALUE OF HIGHLY ENGAGED EMPLOYEES
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION MUST BE MOBILE-FIRST
Employee communication has traditionally taken many forms, including employee newsletters, handbooks, digital signage, intranets, and more. But with consumers spending nearly four hours per day on their smartphones, the world is mobile—and your employees expect you to be too.
What you may not realize is that 89% of smartphone usage is spent in mobile apps, meaning only 11% is spent in the mobile browser. A study from Quixey shows that users don’t like that mobile browsers aren’t as quick and easy to access as an app, nor do they offer push notifications or as rich of an experience.
That’s why the most effective way to connect and engage with your employees in today’s workforce is through a branded, native smartphone app that:
- Leverages inherent mobile functionality like GPS, calendars, and social media integrations
- Is portable and quickly accessible
- Provides a rich mobile experience that’s familiar to users
- Promotes your company brand and culture
BLUEBRIDGE HELPS YOU:
IMPROVE INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
CUT THROUGH THE CLUTTER
Your internal communications are only effective if employees engage with them. And with numerous messages pointed at employees every day through a number of channels, cutting through the clutter is no easy task. At the same time, saturated channels like email are quickly losing effectiveness, while social media and environmental messages pose distractions.
“Ninety-six percent of executives cite lack of collaboration or ineffective communications as the main source of workplace failures.”
Push messages through an internal mobile app help you:
- Reach employees instantly and directly wherever they are
- Connect with remote employees in a personalized way
- Easily segment messages by department, location, and more for maximum relevancy
- Reduce email volume and noise
CREATE AN INTERACTIVE DIRECTORY WITH RICH EMPLOYEE PROFILES
HELP EMPLOYEES FEEL CONNECTED
Employees cite peers and camaraderie as the number one reason they go the extra mile—not money. But large workforces can mean disconnected teams, and email signatures, as well as intranet directories, aren’t effective or accessible enough to do the job.
“Your staff spend an average of 74 minutes per week trying to contact customers or colleagues.”
A mobile app employee directory allows you to:
- Facilitate peer connections by helping employees put faces with names
- Connect and familiarize peers before project collaboration
- Provide a quick and easy way to access the most up-to-date employee contact information
- Seamlessly integrate with an existing employee database
ALIGN EMPLOYEES WITH COMPANY GOALS AND STRATEGY
REFOCUS EMPLOYEES TOWARD COMPANY PRIORITIES AND GOALS
Any successful business leader knows that without goals, there can be no real success. But how can employees prioritize projects and rally around a shared direction without knowing if they’re properly aligned to the larger vision and goals of the company?
“Only 40% of the workforce knows about their company’s goals, strategies, and tactics.” – Bain
An internal mobile app helps employees:
- Know and understand current company strategies, goals, and priorities
- Properly prioritize projects and individual goals based on company directives
- Gain quick access to company goals/strategy to regularly reference
- Acknowledge and recognize employees/teams for goals reached through the ease of interactive push messaging
FOSTER EMPLOYEE PURPOSE THROUGH COMPANY MISSION, VISION, & VALUES
ENCOURAGE EMPLOYEES TO INTERNALIZE THE COLLECTIVE VISION
You spend countless hours building a meaningful company mission, yet disseminating, activating, and continually bringing it to the forefront of employees’ minds for quick reference often falls by the wayside due to the difficulty of communicating its importance to the organization. At the same time, employees feel more and more disconnected from their company, seeking one with a noble purpose and mission they can join and contribute to.
“Seventy-three percent of employees who say they work at a “purpose-driven” company are engaged, compared to just 23% of those who don’t.”
Communicating this crucial company information through an app benefits your organization by:
- Giving employees purpose and mission in their work, driving increased engagement
- Retaining employees who hunger to contribute to a larger vision
- Celebrating and promoting employees who exemplify core values
CENTRALIZE EMPLOYEE RESOURCES
KEEP EMPLOYEES FROM HUNTING FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Between intranets, email, digital signage, employee handbooks, and more, employees are inundated with information and systems, leaving them perplexed when they need to quickly locate employee-specific information or worse—tools to do their job.
“Only 13% of employees report participating in their intranet daily. Thirty-one percent say they never do.”
– Prescient Digital Media
Centralizing your most important company resources in a mobile app helps you:
- Give [remote and on-the-go] employees increased accessibility through an easy-to-use mobile interface
- Increase productivity by saving time spent searching for necessary resources
- Understand how employees consume internal information
MANAGING AN APP IS EASIER THAN YOU THINK
Bluebridge provides companies with unmatched quality and robustness through a unique solution that combines:
- Beautiful, high quality mobile apps
- Scalable platform with continual enhancements
- Easy-to-use content management system
- Mobile expertise
Additionally, Bluebridge is the only mobile app platform in the industry that is able to push continual improvements without the need for user disruption or app store resubmission.Learn More about our platform
LET’S GET STARTED
Reach employees where they’re most engaged.See a Demo